Imon ubuntu Festy

Linux support for Soundgraph iMON USB IR/VFD modules used in Ahanix, Silverstone, Uneed, Accent and other cases.

Moderator: Venky

Mattia

Imon ubuntu Festy

Post by Mattia » Mon May 14, 2007 3:41 am

Ciao, can i use the .deb present in festy repository or i must to build my own lirc from source (which version)?

Thanks

ritzmann

Re: Imon ubuntu Festy

Post by ritzmann » Wed May 16, 2007 3:03 am

Mattia wrote:Ciao, can i use the .deb present in festy repository or i must to build my own lirc from source (which version)?
Feisty has LIRC 0.8.1, which has the iMon driver included. But the lirc package only has the daemon and some tools. To install the kernel driver, you need to install the lirc-modules-source package. That gives you the source code that you must compile then. You will need the kernel sources to compile. (Not sure who is to blame for that, LIRC or Debian, but it sucks.)

Mattia

Post by Mattia » Wed May 16, 2007 3:39 am

ritzmann wrote:
Mattia wrote:Ciao, can i use the .deb present in festy repository or i must to build my own lirc from source (which version)?
Feisty has LIRC 0.8.1, which has the iMon driver included. But the lirc package only has the daemon and some tools. To install the kernel driver, you need to install the lirc-modules-source package. That gives you the source code that you must compile then. You will need the kernel sources to compile. (Not sure who is to blame for that, LIRC or Debian, but it sucks.)
Thanks for reply, the kernel driver are needed only for mouse events?
I don't want to recompile everytime the kernel was upgraded :?

Thanks

ritzmann

Post by ritzmann » Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 am

Mattia wrote:Thanks for reply, the kernel driver are needed only for mouse events?
No, they are needed to process all signals from the infrared receiver. FWIW, I applied the pad2keys patch. I use the PAD as a replacement for the cursor keys. I find that much more useful than the mouse emulation. As far as I recall, I had to do some manual changes to apply the patch: http://brakemeier.de/electronics/vdr/lirc-imon.html

Mattia

Post by Mattia » Wed May 16, 2007 4:52 am

sorry fo my newbe question but lirc-modules-source package is the same package of lirc.tar.gz in lirc website?
The lirc-imon-pad2keys.patch i right for lirc 0.8.1?

Many many thanks

ritzmann

Post by ritzmann » Wed May 16, 2007 5:00 am

Mattia wrote:sorry fo my newbe question but lirc-modules-source package is the same package of lirc.tar.gz in lirc website?
I can't say for sure. Any Debian package might have Debian-specific patches. But it should be reasonably close.
Mattia wrote:The lirc-imon-pad2keys.patch i right for lirc 0.8.1?
It's for LIRC 0.8.0. But it is unlikely anything has changed in the iMon driver since then.

Mattia

Post by Mattia » Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 am

mattia@ubuntu:~/Desktop/lirc-0.8.1$ patch -p1 < ../lirc-imon-pad2keys.patch
patching file drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 64 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 99 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 178 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 272 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 597 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 732 (offset -1 lines).
patching file remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-pad
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 24.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 59.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 79.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file remotes/imon/lircd.conf.imon-pad.rej
mattia@ubuntu:~/Desktop/lirc-0.8.1$