Silverstone LC-16M lirc_imon Problem

Linux support for Soundgraph iMON USB IR/VFD modules used in Ahanix, Silverstone, Uneed, Accent and other cases.

Moderator: Venky

ejboyd

Post by ejboyd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi,

After recently upgrading to FC6 for my mythtv HTPC I have not been able to get the remote to work. At first I thought I had a hardware problem because I could get the remote to work if it was right up against the remote sensor (ie 1cm away from the box). However, I decided to check that all the software had loaded correctly. A check of dmesg showed that the multimedian version of imon driver was loading instead of the imon_pad version. While I am not sure that this will cause the problem described I figure that I should make sure the right driver has loaded.

Any help on how I make the right driver load. I have tried reinstalling lirc and selecting pad but this has not been successful.

Cheers

Jamie

ejboyd

Post by ejboyd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I have confirmed that I get no further with lircd --nodaemons and mode2. The remote only works up to 2cm from the VFD and I have noted the the codes seem to vary even if the same key is pressed.

Scorpuk

Post by Scorpuk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:52 am

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

Someone else had a similar problem of varying codes for button presses until the batteries were changed for new.

Scorpuk

Post by Scorpuk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 am

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

Someone else had a similar problem of varying codes for button presses until the batteries were changed for new.

ejboyd

Post by ejboyd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:27 pm

New batteries tried. Even left the batteries out for an hour as directed on the Imon site.

Scorpuk

Post by Scorpuk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:12 am

Can you try the device on a windows system?

I checked my unit out by using a USB extender to plug it into my xp machine.

oh sorry for doubel post earlier. Stupid works network.

ejboyd

Post by ejboyd » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Checked out using usb extender as suggested and the performance was exactly on the same under windows XP as under MythTV. I guess this confirms I have a hardware problem. I guess my question is if anyone else has had this type of problem.

ejboyd

Post by ejboyd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:58 pm

The problem may still be in software. LIRC kde app IRKick can't see the remote any more. dmesg | grep -e 'lirc' output below. Any help appreciated.
-----------------------------
lirc_dev: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: Driver for Soundgraph iMON MultiMedian IR/VFD, v0.3
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: Venky Raju <dev@venky.ws>
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: imon_probe: found IMON device
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: imon_probe: Registered iMON plugin (minor:0)
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: imon_probe: iMON device on usb<2:2> initialized
usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_imon
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: VFD port opened
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: IR port opened
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: IR port closed
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: IR port opened
/var/tmp/bach-build/BUILD/lirc-0.8.2/drivers/lirc_imon/lirc_imon.c: IR port closed