Ubuntu 6.10 HowTo

Linux support for Soundgraph iMON USB IR/VFD modules used in Ahanix, Silverstone, Uneed, Accent and other cases.

Moderator: Venky

zupidupi

Post by zupidupi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:00 am

Hiya,

Well, yeah, I'm leaning towards upgrading...it feels silly to have this nice multimedia box and not be able to utilize it 100%. Thx, Scorpuk, for your help anyway.

On a not so similar string: How silent is your box? Mine is a wee bit too noisy, and I'm about to start lowering the volume. If you are happy with the noise level, what have you done to achieve it?

Wonders

Zup

Scorpuk

Post by Scorpuk » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:52 pm

Its deff not THE most silent box, but its bearable imo.

zupidupi

Post by zupidupi » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:04 am

Hohum, upgraded to Edgy and the problem is *exactly* the same. /dev/lirc* is not loaded at reboot, though the modules lirc_dev and lirc_imon are running A-OK (according to lsmod). Could it be some faulty wiring? I can reboot the computer with my remote - is that good enough to show that I've hooked everything up correctly?

wonders

Mike

zupidupi

Post by zupidupi » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:01 am

:D :D :D Yeeeeeeeees!!! :D :D :D Now it works! I did a lsusb, and didn't see the panel in the output. So I swapped the usb-plug with my external harddrive (simply exchanged them), and now lsusb finds the panel, and mode2 finds the driver and everything. Excellent - I'm a happy man!

Thx to Scorpuk once again for his initial thread, and for his help. Now I' off for some serious remote controlling :)