Silverstone 11m LCDd Problem

Linux support for Soundgraph iMON USB IR/VFD modules used in Ahanix, Silverstone, Uneed, Accent and other cases.

Moderator: Venky

Flobo

Silverstone 11m LCDd Problem

Post by Flobo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:12 am

Hi,

I searched already the forum, but I can't find any solution for my problem.
I tried to install the IR and LCD driver for my case, IR is already working quite well. When I start the LCDd I get an entry in the /var/log/user.log that he can't found the imon driver. Do I need this driver, because I tried this command "echo "test" > /dev/lirc0" and I can see this text on the display. Thx a lot for any help.

One another question how can I get the IR to power on the system.

Florian

I installed Debian and the driver for IR/VFD according to the Howto from this site.

Flobo

Post by Flobo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:35 am

What should I say. I tried a lot of days and now I ask in a forum and I get it myself grml. But if anyone can tell how to get the "Power on over IR" to work.

Florian

SiliconFiend

Post by SiliconFiend » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Flobo wrote:What should I say. I tried a lot of days and now I ask in a forum and I get it myself grml. But if anyone can tell how to get the "Power on over IR" to work.

Florian
The power on feature has nothing to do with the driver--it's strictly a hardware issue. There are two pairs of wires going to the receiver--one for the input from the power pushbutton, and the other is the output which goes to the motherboard. So, either the pushbutton on the case or the Power button on the remote will power on the computer.

arrikhan

Post by arrikhan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 am

Flobo wrote:What should I say. I tried a lot of days and now I ask in a forum and I get it myself grml. But if anyone can tell how to get the "Power on over IR" to work.

Florian
Did you ever get this working? I can't get mine to power on !!

If I hold the power button down on the remote during bootup it will reboot, but it won't start it up! , or shutdown for that matter.

Considering the power button is wired THROUGH the IR/VFD I don't see how I would have connected this wrong, but I may have to open it up again and triple check as its a crowded case :)

Arrikhan