Remote stops working when MythTV Live TV starts

Linux support for Soundgraph iMON USB IR/VFD modules used in Ahanix, Silverstone, Uneed, Accent and other cases.

Moderator: Venky

stanton

Remote stops working when MythTV Live TV starts

Post by stanton » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:53 am

Hi, I haven't been able to figure this one out for weeks now :cry:

As far as I can tell, everything is loading correctly. I've tried lirc 0.7.2 and 0.8.0, as well as kernels 6.14.4 and 6.15.2. I've even tried another remote with another lircd.conf for it, but the symtom is always the same...

The remote works well with IRW and plodding around the MythTV frontend, but when I start LiveTV it stops being recognized either immediately, or within a minute. Using LIRCD -D2 shows all the presses, and no sign of a problem. It just stops logging. IRW also stops showing presses. I then can't get it restarted without a reboot. I can't unload lirc_dev or lirc_imon. lirc_imon remains "busy".

I have no clue where to go now, other than buy another remote system :x If you have a clue please share it!

hallm4

Re: Remote stops working when MythTV Live TV starts

Post by hallm4 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:37 pm

stanton wrote:Hi, I haven't been able to figure this one out for weeks now :cry:

As far as I can tell, everything is loading correctly. I've tried lirc 0.7.2 and 0.8.0, as well as kernels 6.14.4 and 6.15.2. I've even tried another remote with another lircd.conf for it, but the symtom is always the same...

The remote works well with IRW and plodding around the MythTV frontend, but when I start LiveTV it stops being recognized either immediately, or within a minute. Using LIRCD -D2 shows all the presses, and no sign of a problem. It just stops logging. IRW also stops showing presses. I then can't get it restarted without a reboot. I can't unload lirc_dev or lirc_imon. lirc_imon remains "busy".

I have no clue where to go now, other than buy another remote system :x If you have a clue please share it!
I don't suppose you're using the LC16M ?

This sounds identical to my original problem. I've had repeated problems
with the lirc_imon and the imon_vfd kernel modules and their interaction
with the LC16M display. Can you make it happen just by pressing your
remote a bunch of times using irw, without even switching to live tv?

stanton

Re: Remote stops working when MythTV Live TV starts

Post by stanton » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:16 am

hallm4 wrote:
stanton wrote:Hi, I haven't been able to figure this one out for weeks now :cry:

I don't suppose you're using the LC16M ?

This sounds identical to my original problem. I've had repeated problems
with the lirc_imon and the imon_vfd kernel modules and their interaction
with the LC16M display. Can you make it happen just by pressing your
remote a bunch of times using irw, without even switching to live tv?
LC10M. I don't remember if it would fail outside of live tv, but probably. I never figured this one out. MythTV guys didn't have an answer. LIRC guys didn't have an answer. I gave up and moved to an ATI RemoteWonder RF remote (which I had laying around :wink: ), which works fine using LIRC.

Medhogvaz

Post by Medhogvaz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:40 pm

Great information